Sunday, July 11, 2010

Another One Bites the Dust

Today was a mix of fail (other people's) and wins (mine):

Lunch: I ordered chopped steak with peppers and cheese, add mushrooms, no onions, no seasoning. I specifically said I am allergic to pepper, black pepper, so no seasoning. And.....I get a chopped steak glowing with seasoning, pepper, no cheese, and a bowl of highly spiced marinated mushrooms. Mom's stir-fry? Raw veggies barely warmed. Goddess bless the waitress and manager who comped the meals. I mean, it's one thing to get something a little wrong. But that was epic FAIL.

Shopping: Sundays at WalMart. This is pretty much a family tradition not to mention an acceptable social outing in the South. WIN on work shirts I had been hunting for, plus a few other items.

At mom's: I HAD A RED POPSICLE. WIN. This just sort of made my day. Oh, and we found cool stuff on side of the road junk piles throughout the day, for us and friends.

At home: made four kinds of nut candy after giving the turtle his weekly de-algae-ing scrub. He just sits in my hand and lets me go at him with a kiddie toothbrush. WIN.

Upcoming vacation: Usually I have to leave San Diego on Sunday morning. This year at Comic-con, the GLEE (my favorite TV show) presentation is on Sunday, which would usually mean a lot of cussing from me. BUT, since I am on a red-eye out, I get to see the GLEE panel, even if I have to camp on a chair in the room and knit for three hours to make sure I have a seat. BIG TIME WIN.

So to sum up today's gay agenda....eat, shop, pick stuff up off side of road to reuse/repurpose, cook, squee. Take that, haters.

1 comment: