Saturday, July 10, 2010

Tomorrow, tomorrow, I ---- you, tomorrow....

Today was good. People bought my goodies at the arts/crafts show. I got my new laptop. Waiting on netbook for next week's sales. Decided BN was not the place to be. Got lunch (thank you Atlanta Bread Company for pretending I was 12 and selling me a nummy kid's meal) and went backpack shopping.

You see, five years ago I bought a backpack for $5 on clearance at Hot Topic. I did not care that it as Linkin Park (who I like, but not enough to buy their merch). I cared that it was big, black, and heavy canvas. 5 years and numerous travels later, plus much daily use hauling everything from books to yarn, it is dying. I don't believe it will survive my upcoming trip, not with a daily 15lbs of stuff in it and my usual rough-ish handling. Two pockets are torn, one strap is about to come off. I will get it repaired, but in the meantime I found a new bag with nearly as many nooks and crannies. A little smaller and much pricier, tho, without the coolness of bring from the 50% off the 50% price Clearance rack.

Also, I discovered Target with 75% off a bunch of their dollar stuff. I am now in possession of several months worth of batteries and plastic bowls (not to be used together), leashes for a local animal shelter, and toys for a local kids tutoring center. So I guess that sort of makes up for paying full price for something else, which I positively LOATHE doing. A local guy recommended a military surplus store for a backpack, but this is Alabama. In California I'd think nothing of it, but here those places scare me. For real.

My partner spent the day dyeing yarn and came home with some lovely work and with a minimum of vinegar stink, for which I am very grateful.

Tomorrow is Mom day, my last one for two weeks, and we were off most of last Sunday and 1/2 of the Sunday before, so tomorrow should be interesting, and I hope relatively drama-free. I see my mom next weekend, which is always an adventure. I will have seen her three times in the last 10 months, which is a record for the last 18 years. 2 times per year used to be the norm.

See kids? Once again, the homo proves to be ridiculously normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment